Monday, November 2, 2009

Apple of My Eye

On Saturday night, October 31, we stayed home.

What we really wanted to do was dress up in costumes and attend the super fun-cake walking-fishing booth-life long friend filled harvest party at HBC in Arizona... but that was not an option. So, to cure a little case of homesickness, we made caramel apples!

Caramel was carefully applied to our apples and our sticks were personalized so that each person was assured to get their own masterpiece.

Then, we coated the carmel in melted chocolate... not just because chocolate is wonderful, but because it helped the extra yummy toppings stick! :)

Toppings: M&Ms, almonds, peanuts, nerds, sprinkles, mini marshmellows, crushed Heath bar


You know the saying: an apple a day...
Well, these sure made us feel better!

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

What fun!Hopefully it helped with the homesickness!

Anonymous said...

I wish a carmel apple made by the Desayes mailed easily :( Glad you had a good night in! Kady

Sarah Wildman said...

It must be something in the wind. I too was missing the oh-so-fun HBC Harvest party this year. Remember when Miss Abigail was a butterfly? :0)

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to visit everyone at Christmas. It's almost here, sweet friend! Although I sometimes idealize AZ, some of those folks are just the real thing and they're missed.

What a yummy (gooey) idea for the harvest...I used my spring-form pan for the first time and made a pumpkin cheesecake!

Love you.

Mama2fiveblessings said...

I agree with Kady that I wish your apples mailed :). You are such a fun mom!!! Glad you had a fun night we pretty much skipped the whole thing after a day of yard work and shopping and just sang some songs and then went to bed.
Love you,
Tiffany

peridawn said...

Oh this looks like so much fun!!! So gooey! I am feeling the homesickness as well here lately. What a joy it is to see the fun that you all are having. Thank you for sharing. Love to you

Anonymous said...

Well...We were so lucky to attend HBC Harvest Party and Oh, what a party. All of you were missed! Our little guy won a prize for his costume as the cutest couple with his neighbor and they paraded over and over for everyone to see. And then, as a super fun added bonus, I won 3rd place in the pie baking contest. My very first time to ever, ever, ever enter and I won a prize. It was the funnest ever! My sweet neighbor won 2nd place wiht hers. We thought we were cool ;) It was a fun night for all with tractor rides included! We missed you bunches! KC