Sunday, February 7, 2010

Montana Made

Being surrounded by a blanket of white snow that is two feet deep creates some challenges. Roads must be plowed, paths must be shoveled, equipment must be uncovered, chores must be done, and driving is dangerous.

Even before we were married, I admired the way Brent handled winter weather. He had warm layers of clothes, drove a four wheel drive truck with tools and chains in the back, and was always the first one into work on a snow day. When I once slid off an icy road, he dug me out and then loaded my trunk with cases of ammo for extra weight. It is not just his abilities, its his willingness.

Maybe his attitude was learned during his early childhood in Montana. Maybe it is a challenge that he personally enjoys. Either way, I am praising God today for the gift that I have in my husband.

And for the fact that we are warm inside, safe and secure, and getting closer to spring.

Brent, on the tractor, clearing roads during the snow storm. Feb 2010

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Snow makes everything look beautiful, hope your heaters keep running strong! We certainly did not get 2 feet here, but our last storm was a pretty good one for AZ, about 8-10 inches overall... - Andrew

Mama2fiveblessings said...

First I must say...go blogger I can tell that you are snowed in, two in one week :). Both R and I loved this one. He said, "I sure do miss him!!" Thanks for sharing we did not get nearly this much snow but we did get a light dusting and some rain, does that count??
Love you, T and R

Maria Rose said...

Gotta love Montanans! Hopefully you can build a snowman.

Jaime said...

I LOVE the snow! It is a lot of work but it's beauty makes up for it!

Sarah Wildman said...

I remember Brent digging my little blue truck out of the snow after I slid right into a little ditch in your driveway. Arizona snow is one thing, Virgina snow is quite another!